DECISION MAKING PROJECT:
Written Proposal Approximately two 2 double spaced typewritten pages excluding any tables or figures and includes 1 Background A
Written Proposal: Approximately two (2) double-spaced typewritten pages, excluding any tables or figures, and includes:
1. Background: A brief summary of the problem background to be analyzed
2 Problem Statement: A problem statement – clearly stated and should only be a few sentences.
3 Decision Alternatives: A preliminary list of alternatives to be considered
4 Evaluation Considerations & Evaluation Measures: A preliminary list of considerations and evaluation measures to be used to help make the decision.
5 Resources: A proposed list of resources to be utilized / consulted to assist in making your decision.
Previous Project Examples:
- Whether to hire full-time employees, part-time employees, or per diem employees (Discussed in class, do not use this as your decision.)
- Whether to buy new copiers, lease copiers, or outsource copiers
- Spending marketing dollars to increase sales on a product, delete products, or leave as-is
- Selection of a contractor or supplier
- Type of health-care program to institutionalize
- Selecting a new business location