Discussion 4 TOPIC
Search “scholar.google.com” or your textbook. Discuss the technical skills required to have a CSIRT response team consisting of employees with other job duties (i.e., not a full-time CSIRT job category)? Why or why not? What factors will influence their decision?
A 250 word for initial post must be posted to the discussion forum.
Please write a response to below answer for 200 words
All the incidents that are happening and affecting an organization, it is the responsibility of a Computer Security Incident Response Team to identify the problem efficiently in a timely manner. When any problem occurs in IT, all the companies of small and big sizes, seek help from the professionals who are specialized in rapid response. The main aim of CSIRT is to reduce the impact of all those incidents happened/happening and in order to do this, they should have a team of experts in different areasuch as network and analysts, system administrators, human resources,security etc. CSIRT’s are know to performing different problem handling functions. With the purpose of making changes and improvements with accuracy, some members of CSIRT are also running internal IR exercises. It is very important for the members to work in team and update each other by sharing their knowledge on different tools to review the incident data and how it took place.
All the members of CSIRT consists of various expertise such as communication and administrative but along with this it is highly needed for them to have knowledge of incident handling services. It helps them to manage the risk and discover any weak points.They also need to be well qualified in understanding the severity of the risk amd incidents, access control issues and confidentiality of data. All the Professionals must have the ability to recognize the techniques so they can apply their skills to analyze the logs, traffic which looks suspicious and the odd behavior which gives the sense of possible attack. In order to mitigate future threats, it is important for them to have problem solving skills and experience related in security. Technical skill is required to understand the issues that can affect team and organization. Issues such as – the type of incident activity that is being reported or the measures of authority that are taken by CSIRT while applying technical solutions on those incidents. Some examples of basic technical skills are as follows:
ORDER A SIMILAR PAPER
1. Security Principles – All the members should have the basic understanding of confidentiality, integrity, authentication, privacy and access control.
2. Security Weaknesses – Members need to identify the common type of weaknesses that are related to attacks that may include – physical security issues,malicious code, timing windows, user errors, etc.
3. The Internet – The members need to know all the past and present history amd the structure of internet.
4. Network protocols – In addition to other expertise, all the staff memeber should also have the knowledge of protocols such as FTP, HTTP, SMTP, HTTPS, and other protocols that CSIRT may be using.
5. Host/System Security Issues – Members should have the experience of using operating system to identify attack methods, analyze the results of attack, secure network, review log files, etc.
ORDER A SIMILAR PAPER
6. Malicious code and Programming skills
7. Indentifying Intruder Techniques
8. Team policies and procedures
The post technical skills required to have a CSIRT response team consisting of employees with other job duties (i.e., not a full-time CSIRT job category) ACADEMIC ASSISTERS. ACADEMIC ASSISTERS.
>>>Click here to get this paper written at the best price. 100% Custom, 0% plagiarism.<<<
The post technical skills required to have a CSIRT response team consisting of employees with other job duties (i.e., not a full-time CSIRT job category) appeared first on First Class Essay Writers.