In this speech, you will be giving the audience detailed information about your topic (literally defining or describing it) instead of simply explaining a process. This is the type of speech where diseases/disorders/medical conditions are often used as topics; however, you are by no means limited to these types of topics.
Time: This speech should last four (4) to six (6) minutes.
Research: You are required to use a minimum of three (3) research resources for this speech. Required Content:
● You should start your speech by literally introducing yourself.
● Make sure your speech has a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. Missing any one of these components will result in a severe point deduction on your speech.
● Be sure to state your credibility to give a define/describe speech on this topic.
Required Submissions: Along with your recorded speech, remember to submit the following in GoReact:
- A preparation outline (which includes a Reference page)
- A synced PowerPoint Presentation The following is a list of possible topics. This list is meant to provide you with suggestions; you ARE NOT limited to these topics:
Musical genres (rap, country, pop, etc.)
Greenhouse Effect Global Warming Nuclear Winter Child Abuse
Elder Abuse Pyromania Euthanasia
Osteoporosis Mesothelioma Anorexia Dyslexia
Manic Depression Asthma
Obesity Alzheimer’s Disease ADD/ADHD Breast Cancer
PLEASE NOTE: This is an informative speech, so your goal is to share information about your topic. You should NOT include any persuasive elements in this speech. For example, if you choose to discuss obesity, you should not include content that attempts to persuade your audience to lose weight, exercise, etc.
The tutor chosen for this assignment will be in charge of producing both the power point slides corresponding with the speech, as well as the preparation online to be read off of as well as submitted. Please ensure that it will read out to 4-6 minutes.