Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
For this assignment, you will be placed (virtually) in a real-world scenario that occurs in schools. Please read the following description of the authentic performance task and complete the requirements as described in the scenario.
“You are an Early Childhood Specialist in a school district, and you have been asked by administration to create a training program that you will use to train educators in creating and maintaining successful school/family partnerships. The focus should be on ‘Collaborating with Families’ for each of the following areas:
- How to establish a good relationship between families and teachers
- How to increase families’ interest and participation in their children’s learning
- Challenges to working with families and the how to’s of resolving these challenges
- Benefits and specific strategies of building a strong family/teacher partnership (include data to demonstrate the benefits)
Outline this training in writing and develop three key methods/ideas of support for each part of the program. Your plan should be realistic, coherent, and precise, and should address all three required components in a research-based manner using text support and outside research to create a comprehensive training presentation plan.”
The program description should be 1500-1750 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.