ACC/291 Principles of Accounting II
Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand the balance sheet presentation for
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand the balance sheet presentation for the liabilities of a company.
Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making
Prepare the liabilities section of O’Brian’s balance sheet using the following information:
- Accounts payable $157,000
- Notes payable (due May 1, 2018) $20,000
- Bonds payable (due 2021) $900,000
- Unearned rent revenue $240,000
- Discount on bonds payable $41,000
- FICA taxes payable $7,800
- Interest payable $40,000
- Notes payable (due 2019) $80,000
- Income taxes payable $3,500
- Sales taxes payable $1,700
The Liabilities Section of O’Brian’s balance sheet must be 525 words.
Show work on the Week 3 Excel® spreadsheet.