In this assignment, you will discuss the documentation requirements for group participants. The required documents that should be included in the assignment are:
- Consent for treatment
- Release of information
- Treatment plan, including treatment goals
- Clinical or SOAP note
- Discharge plan
In a paper of 750-1,000 words, address the following for each type of document:
- Describe what the document is.
- Describe the purpose of the document.
- Explain the reason(s) for including the document in a client’s chart.
- Discuss the ethical standards, legal requirements, and professional standards of practice in terms of accurate record keeping of each document in a participant’s clinical chart.
Include a minimum of two scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.