Note from me: PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR TOPIC IDEAS FOR BUSINESS MODE BEFORE STARTING…see below that shows coffee shop or pet store, for example. I’m interested in other ideas you may have. Please let me know first so I can make sure it’s something I would like. I prefer at least 15 slides in case I need to delete or consolidate any.
I won’t have to give a formal presentation but will have to give an overview of the project and the contents for in-class discussion. I want to really understand this assignment and feel comfortable talking about it and want to learn, not just post an assignment. I need to provide a good overview of my company, how I will get funding, and tell how I determined break-even analysis and other calculations required. Thank you in advance for your help! Also, please provide in-depth detailed speaker notes and cite sources as much as possible both in the slides and note pages. Please only use professional sources I can easily get to on the internet and provide those links. Course text book mentioned is a great source also. If it makes sense to use Microsoft Excel please provide that detailed spreadsheet so I can see the formulas used and also post it into the Power Point. If not necessary, please still show detailed breakdown of formulas used with calculations. Thanks!
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the student an opportunity to apply their understanding of cash flow management, break-even analysis, and short-term and long-term financing in starting and growing a business.
Resources: OECD Database, Corporate Finance
Prepare a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes requesting initial funding of $500,000 to start and run a start-up company. The proposed start-up company could be an existing business model (coffee shop, pet store, etc.) or could be something entirely new and exciting.
Create the presentation in the following format, with at least one slide to cover each of the following areas:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Information about the Industry
- Marketing Plan
- Competitor Analysis
- 3 Year Income Statement (Profit & Loss) Projections
- Include your assumptions for why and how you will achieve your sales growth and what significant expenses and investments you expect to incur to achieve your revenue goals.
- 3 Year Proposed Funding Schedule (Sources and uses of the funds received.)
- Break-Even Analysis
- Academic and Business References
Review the following scenarios and assumption, and explain how it impacts your decision to expand:
- After Year 3, the investors are interested in your company expanding internationally to possibly outsource labor or to reduce manufacturing costs. What countries would you expand to first, and why? What factors would you need to consider in making this decision?
- What is the corporate tax rate in the countries you are considering expanding your business to, and how will that affect your decision to expand globally? (Use OECD Database or another resource to determine the corporate tax rate).
- The investors want to see a decision tree detailing the decisions you would make if you received $300K now and $200K at the end of three years instead of $500K up front.
- The investors would like your team to provide advantages and disadvantages of using debt financing versus selling company stock to raise capital for growth.
- Briefly explain the venture capital process. Does it make sense for your company to raise funds through venture capital?
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.