Stage 1 Assignment Instructions
Using the case study, the overview above, Course Content readings, and external resources, develop your Introduction and Section I: Organizational Analysis and Requirements.Recommended lengths for each section are provided and you should be sure to include all pertinent information.
Introduction– briefly describe (at a high level) the organization in the Case Study; provide a context for the rest of the document.(one to two paragraphs)
- Organizational Analysis and Requirements
- Introduction – Introduction to this section describing what is included. (3-4 sentences)
- Strategic Use of Technology – Using the Strategic Goals section of the Case Study, list three strategic goals that have been identified by the Midtown Family Clinic, and that can be supported with an EHR system.For each, explain how an EHR system can be used to support the goal.(Introductory sentence and list of three strategic goals with one to two strong sentences that explain how an EHR system would support the strategic goal and justify your position with specifics from the Case Study.)
- Strategic Goal 1 and explanation:
- Strategic Goal 2 and explanation:
- Strategic Goal 3 and explanation:
- Components of an Information System – An information system is comprised of people, technology, processes (or organizational components), and data.Explain each of the following in relationship to an EHR system to support the Midtown Family Clinic:
A. Person 1 and role, and two functions
B. Person 2 and role, and two functions
C. Person 3 and role, and two functions
A. Process 1 and how it would be improved
B. Process 1 and how it would be improved
C. Process 1 and how it would be improved
Data Items Needed for EHR System
Formatting Your Assignment
For academic writing, the writer is expected to write in the third person. In third person, the writer avoids the pronouns I, we, my, you, your, and ours. The third person is used to make the writing more objective by taking the individual, the “self,” out of the writing. This method is very helpful for academic writing, a form in which facts, not opinion, drive the tone of the text. Writing in the third person allows the writer to come across as unbiased and thus more informed.The Report is to be written for the Midtown Family Clinic, and reference should not be made by name to individuals who own or work in the Clinic.
- Write a short concise paper:Use the recommendations provided in each area for length of response.Content areas should be double spaced; table entries should be single-spaced. It’s important to value quality over quantity.The body (Introduction to the report and Section I) of the assignment should not exceed 6 pages.
- Ensure each section has an introductory sentence or two that sets the stage for the information to follow.
- Ensure that each of the tables is preceded by an introductory sentence that explains what is contained in the table, so the reader understands why the table has been included.
- Use at least two resources with APA formatted citation and reference.Use at least one external reference and one from the course content.
- Submit your paper as a Word document, or a document that can be read in Word.
- Your submission filename should be as follows:Lastname_firstname_Stage_1
- Compare your work to the Assignment Instructions above and the Evaluation Criteria/Grading Rubric below to be sure you have met content and quality criteria.Do not overlook this step.Read your work out loud or have your computer read it to you.Fix the grammar and other areas identified.