Please follow the attached files below to read Martin Luther King’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail” and watch the video interview of Martin Luther King as well as the excerpt from Malcolm X’s Plymouth Rock speech. Then, in your own words, please answer the following questions in at least three sentences.
THE VIDEOS AND THE ATTACHED FILES IS THE ONLY RESOURCES TO USE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS, NO OUTSIDE SOURCES
1. How does Martin Luther King describe Birmingham, Alabama?
2. Why did King feel like the time for waiting on civil rights was over?
3. Which group of people does King feel has been the greatest obstacle to civil rights, and why?
4. What kind of tactics did Martin Luther King believe would result in civil rights, and why?
5. Was King’s thinking closer to that of Booker T. Washington or W.E.B. DuBois?
6. What kind of tactics did Malcolm X believe would result in civil rights, and why?
7. Was Malcolm X’s thinking closer to that of Booker T. Washington or W.E.B Dubois?
8. Imagine you are an African American in 1964. You get to vote for the leader of the civil rights movement, and your choices are Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. Who would you vote for, and why?