1. Securing Personal Information
- Leveraging technology is a concept that is not going anywhere anytime soon. How does your organization guard against a breach of your personal information? Provide at least 2 examples and support them with evidence.
- Compare and contrast your organization’s approach to at least one other of your classmate’s post:
2. “Crashing.” Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario given in Exercise 7 at the end of Chapter 8 in the textbook, calculate the crash cost per week for each activity.
- Decide the sequence of crashing decisions you would make to compress the project most cost effectively and calculate the total cost (remember to include the penalty incurred for weeks past the end of September and to consider the bonus).
- Formulate a plan for presenting the options to the Ketchum City Council.
3. “Fast Tracking.” Please respond to the following:
- Describe how fast tracking differs from crashing.
- Examine at least two (2) advantages and two (2) challenges associated with fast tracking.
- Support your discussion with examples from your experience or other ones not provided in the chapter.
4. THIS LAST DISCUSSION POST IS NOT A BUSINESS CLASS, IT IS A COMMUNICATION CLASS:
Improving Delivery and Visual Aids
Use what you’ve learned this week to respond to the following:
- Find and share an example of poor public communication. Discuss the delivery problem(s) and propose suggestions for improvement OR ways to avoid the problem(s) in future communications.
- What can you learn from these poor examples (both yours and those of classmates)?
- What does “death by PowerPoint” mean to you? What are some best practices for effectively using visual aids?